AW: [opencms-dev] OpenCms version 6.2.3 has been released | mimetypes not working

Michael Emmerich m.emmerich at alkacon.com
Wed Jan 31 15:32:58 CET 2007

Michael,

> just a question about similar problem: when building opencms.jar from
> OpenCMS 6.2.3 source, MIME-Typing of PDF Documents doesn't work anymore:
> obviously all content is delivered by standard handler class with
> content-type text/html.

Please check out the current HEAD from the CVS, this has fixed the
missing mime type definition problem.
If you check out the 6.2.3 tag, then you will still get the original
release which had this problem.

> Trying your suggestion to include the <mimetypes> node in opencms-vfs.xml
> didn't have any chance to get tested, because OpenCMS stopped loading with
> error message "org.opencms.main.CmsInitException: Critical error during
> OpenCms initialization: Unable to read the OpenCms XML configuration."

This sounds like an error in the configuration file.
Check that the <mimetypes> node is the last node inside the <resources>
node, right behind the <collectors> node.

The download on the opencms.org site now have been fixed, so they should
work correctly.

Michael Emmerich