[opencms-dev] OpenCMS better than Frameworks?

Hossfeld, Felix Felix.Hossfeld at bonprix.net
Thu Feb 1 15:08:18 CET 2007

Hello!

In my opinion the question is just silly. It is like asking is a hammer
better then a screwdriver. If all depends wether you want to use nails
or screws.

Frameworks are good for connecting user input with business logic.
OpenCms is good at - will Content Management. These are two completly
different areas. There is just a little bit where these overlap and that
is templating.

So the question misses the point: In reality you don't decide whether to
use JSF or OpenCms but discuss how to use JSF from within OpenCms.

Regards

Felix