Re: [opencms-dev] Re: Re: Re: Re: need help: how improving opencmsperformance?

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Thu Feb 1 17:27:14 CET 2007

> Unfortunatly the workaround you suggest doesn't work.
> I cannot use the cms include directive because in this way the new jsp is
> unable to reach some variables.
> I have to use the jsp include, and so doing i get the same working condition
> as before, because the jsp in compiled before the execution, and the code i
> don't want to cache is cached the same.
>
> andrea

Dear Andrea,

You can set and retreive request attributes, if you want to share data between your main template and your includes.

IIRC this would
    request.setAttribute( "<key>", <value> );
and then one of your includes could retrieve the value with
    value = (<CAST>) request.getAttribute( "<key>" );

I know that all of this is not very convenient, but the approach that I suggest is the only workaround that comes to my mind.

christian