[opencms-dev] Problems with search / Swallowing exceptions

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Fri Feb 2 02:00:27 CET 2007

Hossfeld, Felix schrieb:
> Hello!
>
> I have a problem using integrated lucene: The search does not work for
> me when not logged in. If I am log in everthing works just fine. The
> problem is not unpublished pages. Do I have to publish the index or
> something?

I don't use the search for offline pages - for indexing online content,
the indexing will be done automatically directly after files or folders
are published that are also by an index source. The index itself does
not have to be published - it is stored in the real file system.

Indexing Offline resources is disabled by default. Being logged in or
not should normally not make a difference, unless you have enabled
indexing of offline content. Even if some resources have not been
indexed yet, because they were not published, this should not be a
reason for getting exceptions from the search function - if everything
else works, then you will only get less or no results, bot not exceptions.

Maybe you can take a closer look at your exception and its stack trace -
I really don't think that the search itself can have problems when not
being logged in. The search *page* could of course have problems with
this, but I would be surprised, if the actual search code itself were
the reason for such a problem

regards
christian