[opencms-dev] How to correctly map /sites/mysite/ ?

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Sat Feb 3 12:59:34 CET 2007

Chris Tiernan schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way I can remove /sites/mysite/ from the URL for the Online
> project?  I would like my users to see a URL of http://domain/index.jsp
> instead of http://domain/sites/mysite/index.jsp
>
> I've tried different variations with the default-uri & uri nodes in the
> opencms-system.xml file to see if that would help map it correctly but
> with no luck.  Maybe this could be solved with adjusting my Apache
> configuration?
>
> ## opencms-system.xml ##
> <sites>
>      <workplace-server>http://domain</workplace-server>
>      <default-uri>/sites/mysite/</default-uri>
>      <site server="http://domain" uri="/sites/mysite/" />
> </sites>

If you are not logged in and go to http://domain/index.jsp then your
index page should be found, because the default site uri for
http://domain is set to /sites/mysite/ and the default URI, too. So when
requesting http://domain/index.jsp, the configuration should be enough
so that opencms will add the /sites/mysite/ automatically and
consequently opencms should fetch /sites/mysite/index.jsp from the vfs.

So I don't see how there would be a problem here.

1. Do you really have to go to http://domain/sites/mysite/index.jsp -
even if you are not logged in?
2. Do you really speak about the online project or do you speak about
static export?

regards
christian