[opencms-dev] FCKEditor rewrites URLs badly on saving

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Tue Feb 6 09:12:46 CET 2007

Hi, list.  I've having problems with FCKEditor.  When I insert images into a
free-form HTML editing area, their URLs are being rewritten wrongly by
FCKEditor at the time they're saved.

I've got the usual nice set-up in which I'm fronting OpenCms with Apache,
and rewriting URLs so they're in the right form.  In this case, I'm having
to run an existing static site in parallel with the new OpenCms one, and
I've got the static material available at the 'normal' path but all OpenCms
stuff available with the prefix "/newsite/".  This all works fine -
workplace, direct editing of xmlpages and XML content, static export on
demand etc.  The only thing which is going wrong is that FCKEditor's WYSIWYG
editor insists on saving embedded images with the absolute path
"/newsite/newsite/newsite/the_real_VFS_path".  In other words, it inserts
the URL prefix three times.  It does this at save time - if I use the
FCKEditor source button just before saving, an image URL looks fine.

I don't think this is anything to do with my own rewriting, not least
because that has no 'threeness' about it.  XML content direct editing works
fine (except when using FCKEditor WYSIWYG).  As far as I can tell, FCKEditor
is inspecting the the real request URI at save stage and changing embedded
links then.

Any ideas welcome.

Jon