[opencms-dev] static export after publish: which files are deleted

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Mon Feb 12 02:36:48 CET 2007

Hi,

I have a question about static export. I am going to use static export
for a site and this site generates some pages by using parameters.
(for example, i have links like
/foo.html?param=val1
/foo.html?param=val2
and so on.

Opencms handles this by generating static files which have names similar to:
/foo_9587459443458.html
/foo_9587f85344958.html

This is very good, but now my question: what happens, if I publish my
site again and opencms starts to publish /foo.html
Will then all files in the form foo_something.html also be deleted and
only be rebuild when opencms comes to the links like
/foo.html?param=val1*  ?*

This would be unfortunate, because then for a short time these pages
would be gone from the static copy of the site, which is served by
apache directly.
Are files like /foo_9587459443458.html ever deleted from the file system
at all? (It wouldn't be such a big problem if they weren't, it would be
a bigger problem, if they were temporarily deleted while still needed)

Did anybody gather some experience with this?
I have looked at the code and got the impression that with static export
after publish, things are only deleted, if a page has been deleted from
the VFS, which would be perfect for me. But I wanted to be sure.

thanks & regards
christian