[opencms-dev] Can't get cmsshell.bat to run

pmarchwiak pmarchwiak at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 17:25:47 CET 2007

I am having trouble running cmsshell.bat in Windows XP. When I type in
"cmsshell.bat" I get the error message

"The TOMCAT_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly
This environment variable is needed to run this program"

This doesn't make sense because I do have my TOMCAT_HOME variable set. Under
My Computer->Properties->Advanced->Environment Variables I have created new
variables under both user variables and system variables called
"TOMCAT_HOME". They are both set to "C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat 5.5" (without the quotes). Does anyone know what I might
be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.