[opencms-dev] Strange Behaviour of HTML editor in OpenCmsHtml

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Fri Mar 2 10:47:05 CET 2007

Tom Joseph schrieb:

> We have a component of type “OpenCmsHtml” in our schema. In the HTML
> source view, when we add HTML code and save, some of the HTML styles
> tags disappear and the HTML gets rearranged incorrectly.  This is
> making it impossible use the source view of the editor.

Somehow I also found the behavior of the source code editor a bit
strange, without actually trying to track down what exactly was going on.
But if you are in the normal html editor, then there is also a "source"
button and this will bring up a popup where you can edit the source.
This works fine for me (on opencms 6.2.1)

Some extend of HTML-filtering will always take place as soon as you save
a page, because opencms tries to avoid creating incorrect code by
running your content through the Jtidy library.

hth
christian