[opencms-dev] Problem while installing opencms_6.2.2 on Linux

Dave Schoorl maillists at cyber-d.com
Fri Mar 2 15:24:32 CET 2007

Your problem has nothing to do with the java.awt.headless option. For
your problem, see Fabian's reply to your question.

But as a sidenote:
Tomcat is a Java application which starts a JVM. When starting Tomcat's
JVM, you can pass options to the JVM. One of these options is
-Djava.awt.headless=true. However, you tried to run the option from the
shell, but you must add the option to Tomcat's startup file. This can be
done in several ways. One of them is (from memory) to edit the
catalina.sh scriptfile which is present in your tomcat bin directory and
add the line in the top of the file:
JAVA_OPTS="-Djava.awt.headless=true"

Best regards,

Dave