[opencms-dev] web remoting (ajax-like) ; what are people using ?

Jack Bakker jbakker at iable.ca
Tue Apr 17 06:38:02 CEST 2007

I have found DWR to work well with OpenCms for web remoting (AJAX-like)

With DWR, JavaScript can interface with Java methods for CRUD.

DWR http://getahead.org/dwr

For example, an OpenCms jsp (after being outputted to the browser), can call
(using JavaScript) a server-side Java method to fill a <div
id="output"></div>

DWR : resource forward demo http://getahead.org/dwr/examples/text

---

I find OpenCms 6 a bit slow to develop for; I'm really hoping v7 will speed
things up with the WebDav access. I haven't looked at v7 yet, sorry.

---

dojotoolkit, Tibco General Interface

what are others using for web remoting ?

Jack Bakker