[opencms-dev] Setup help needed for multi-domain Tomcat installation

Stephen Cumminger sonideft at ns.sympatico.ca
Wed Apr 18 01:39:52 CEST 2007

I'm new to this list, but I've looked at everything I could find to help me finish this installation. I am very, very close though. I was able to complete the actual setup with all of the modules being deployed into the MySQL database. Everything looks good, including the index.jsp page. When I login though it is gives me the "Resource not found" message in a rectangular box in the center of the page. "
"The requested resource "/opencms/system/login/index.html" was not found on the server."

Obviously an OpenCMS message and not Tomcat.

I had to play with a few files to get this far, so I'm assuming that I'm getting close.

I have a Tomcat 5.5 server that serves three domains. Say www.siteA.com, www.siteB.com and www.siteC.com. SiteC is what I am trying to setup with OpenCMS. The first two sites operate fine today on the same server.

This is what is in my opencms-system.xml file
<sites>

<workplace-server>http://www.siteC.ca</workplace-server>

<default-uri>/sites/default/</default-uri>

<site server="http://www.siteC.ca" uri="/sites/default/"/>

</sites>

This is what I needed to put in my Tomcat server.xml in order to get anything working. It is within a Host definition segment. Without it Tomcat would have not idea how to use the opencms directory in the webapp directory.

<Context path="opencms" docBase="opencms" debug="0" swallowOutput="true">

Everything else should be default values, I believe. Any direction appreciated. I'm looking forward to working with OpenCMS.