[opencms-dev] Model View Controller and OpenCMS

Raúl Lorenzo raul.lorenzo at altia.es
Wed Apr 18 16:43:32 CEST 2007

Hello,

I am trying to implement a site with OpenCMS using MVC pattern. Someone
has done it?
Next are some theories:

I want that JSP only has View Logic. So JSP shouldn´t know something
about Controller and Model.
The controller, in teorical context, were the Servlets; but OpenCMS
implements it´s own Servlet.

OpenCMSServlet -> (fordward to resource requested, p.example a JSP) ->
So with this focus the view always call a Controller or a class inside a
Jar Library.

My trying is something like this,

OpenCMSServlet -> MainJSP (In this MainJSP forward to a new mainServlet
for the site I am creating) -> MainSiteServlet -> MVC starts here.

What do you think? Any Idea?

Thanks in advance

--
Raúl Lorenzo Boullosa