[opencms-dev] taglib tag in web.xml

Bill Manuel bill.manuel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 20:45:14 CEST 2007

I would recommend that you read a little about web.xml and taglibs.  That
URI is just a unique key for that taglib in your web.xml.  It does not
really make a reference to the internet and could have been called
"somename/taglib/cms" instead as long as all the references to it were
changed.  That URI is used on jsp files to reference this taglib.

Does that help?

On 4/18/07, Christoph P. Kukulies <kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:

> in web.xml there is a section:
>
> <taglib>
>    <taglib-uri>http://www.opencms.org/taglib/cms</taglib-uri>
>    <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/opencms.tld</taglib-location>
> </taglib>
>
> What does this reference mean? Would it cause a reference to the
> Internet some day in some weird moment?
>
> --
> Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kukulies (at) rwth-aachen.de

Bill Manuel