[opencms-dev] Allowing Users and ProjectManagers to edit JSP

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Fri Apr 20 12:56:07 CEST 2007

The bad news, this is not easy in 6.x, as the roles (such as DEVELOPER
which is what is required in order to edit JSPs) are hardcoded to
specific user group (have a look at org.opencms.security.CmsRole class).
You may be able to set a different group on the DEVELOPER role, but then
that apply to all members of the group.

The good news is that in v. 7 roles/capabilities are more flexible
(though I haven't checked that it will be possible to do exactly what
you want).

In any case, granting JSP-permissions to more users should be done with
some care...

Yves Ackaert wrote:
> How to configure OpenCms 6.2.3 to allow a member of the group Users or
> ProjectManagers to edit a jsp resource?
>
> It seems that removing the <accesscontrol> element of the <explorertype
> name="jsp"> element
> in the opencms-workplace.xml configuration file is not enough as it
> leads to the following message
> when editing :
>
> Error locking resource "/....jsp" with mode "CmsLock.C_MODE_COMMON".
> Reason: Denied access to resource "/....jsp", required permissions are
> "+w".
>

> Thanks in advance for any hint
>
> Yves Ackaert
>

> Note: I post again this question already posted on 6th April 2007
> because there seems to be a gap in the mailing list archive from 2nd
> March 2007 until 10th April 2007

Claus Priisholm, CodeDroids ApS
Phone: +45 48 22 46 46
cpr (you know what) codedroids.com - http://www.codedroids.com