[opencms-dev] More current Jtidy version against HTML editor Problem: "An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x0) was found in the CDATA section."

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Fri Apr 20 19:35:41 CEST 2007

Hello everybody,

this topic has been discussed at the list a while ago and I had put up a
JAR with a newer compiled version of Jtidy that was compled from the
code in the  official jtidy subversion repository.

I had thought that this problem had been solved with opencms 6.23, so
when organizing our website, I had removed the jtidy version, which I
had provided earlier. Now I heard that the jtidy problem is still there
with 6.23, so I have put the compiled jtidy version that I used back
online again, for anybody who might want to use it and who doesn't want
to go through the hazzle of downloading the jtidy source and compiling it.

In short: if your HTML editor says "An invalid XML character (Unicode:
0x0) was found in the CDATA section.", when you wanbt to save some of
your pages then you might want to use a jtidy JAR that is available from:
  http://www.berzinarchives.com/temp/jtidy/

The jtidy version was built from source that was current several months
ago, and in these months it has worked for me and seemingly for some
others without problems, so I thought to announce this again.

Best regards to everyone
christian