[opencms-dev] umlauts in ISO-8859-15 encoded documents

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Sat Apr 21 10:19:41 CEST 2007

> The files all came in a ZIP file. I uploaded that ZIP-file to a folder I
> created (a download special folder - hope that doesn't influence things
> negatively).

When you upload something, then I would expect that the encoding of the
uploaded files is not changed.
- Are the pages ok in the file system, before being uploaded
- what is your opencms default encoding? If your default encoding does
not match the encoding of these pages, then for these pages, you should
set the "encoding" file property to ISO-8859-15.

> Any clues what the best way would be to transport the pages from
> an outside textediting-system (like MS Word) into OpenCms for
> publishing?

Normally, uploading should work just fine, if the pages were ok before.

regards
christian