[opencms-dev] opencms and single sign-on

Alfonso de Gea García addegea at ono.com
Tue Apr 24 19:25:07 CEST 2007

Hello Iñigo,

You should take a look to http://www.ja-sig.org/products/cas/, it's an open
source central authentication server with single sign on capabilities (it
also supports ntlm for sso over windows systems... great!!).

You have to deploy the server like a web application with Tomcat and use the
cas jsp taglib in your login form (e.g.: login.jsp) inside OpenCms (note
that the key is that you have to use form-based authentication with OpenCms
and you could find out how to deal with this issue in the posts of the
OpenCms mailing lists).

Of course, if you use pure servlet-based apps CAS allow you are able to use
beans also (more information in the link above).

We are using CAS with OpenCms, a servlet based application and a framework
of jsf-spring-hibernate apps.

I hope this helps.

Regards, Alfonso de Gea García.