[opencms-dev] loginBean throws Nullpointer Exception

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Apr 26 15:23:00 CEST 2007

My logout.jsp contains the following code:

<%@ page session="false" import="java.util.*,org.opencms.jsp.*" %>
<%@ taglib prefix="cms" uri="http://www.opencms.org/taglib/cms" %>
<jsp:useBean id="loginBean" class="org.opencms.jsp.CmsJspLoginBean">
<%
   CmsJspActionElement jsp = new CmsJspActionElement(pageContext,
request,response);

   if(loginBean!=null) {
      if(loginBean.isLoggedIn()) {
           loginBean.logout();
           //response.sendRedirect("/de/misc/thanksforvisiting.htm");
      }
    } // else {
      //     response.sendRedirect("/de/misc/cannotlogout.htm");
    // }
%>
</jsp:useBean>

By my understanding, the loginBean is created and init()ed once in
my login.jsp:

<jsp:useBean id="loginBean" class="org.opencms.jsp.CmsJspLoginBean">
<%
   loginBean.init(pageContext,request,response);
   if(request.getParameter("username")!= null){
      loginBean.login(request.getParameter("username"),request.getParameter("password"),null,
                      request.getParameter("requestedResource"));
      out.write("Username: "+request.getParameter("username"));

   }
%>
</jsp:useBean>

Can I refer that bean (by Id) in another jsp? I thought so.