[opencms-dev] Installing on Windows

Isaac Zacharias izaquarius at hotmail.com
Fri May 4 04:43:51 CEST 2007

Hello all,

I'm looking for a way of creating a website which uses a database for info.
I've never created such a website and would like some help on the topic.

First, let me explain what I want to do. I have over a thousand music videos
and some home movies/photos that I would like to share over the internet
with friends, family, etc. But, I don't want to have to make each webpage
separately.

Also, I don't have a website hosting service which allows for a database, so
I was wondering if it is possible to set up this type of system (content
management system) on a regular Windows XP based home PC?

Even if I could just use one of my home PC's for testing for now, that would
be great. Then I could decide on whether I want to move to a better web
hosting service.

I reviewed the "OpenCms" system and it sounds like something that may work
for my needs, but I have no idea where to start to set things up.

Please let me know if it will work on a Windows XP system and how to set it
up. If it doesn't work on Windows XP, then other possible solutions are
welcome also.

Cheers,
ziggy