[opencms-dev] Internal Use Only option

Isaac R. Higgins isaac.higgins at isaacray.com
Mon May 7 22:07:36 CEST 2007

Thanks for that clarification

-----Original Message-----
From: "Christian Steinert" <christian_steinert at web.de>
Sent: 5/7/07 4:03 PM
Subject: Re: [opencms-dev] Internal Use Only option

> I am curious if anyone knows how this works as I am currently unable
> to test it.

Do you mean the "internal use" file property? It means that a file can
not be transferred to any client, logged in or otherwise.
Internal files are only available to opencms itself to be read via
filesystem APIs

> Does it determine internal users by login information?

nope

> Is it possible to configure this to determine an internal user by
> client or server IP address?

nope. AFAIK there is no built-in mechanism in opencms that uses IP-based
authentication

regards
c.,