[opencms-dev] Scheduled jobs static export

Aruno Johnson aruno.johnson at case.edu
Tue May 8 17:42:28 CEST 2007

Hi

I am having trouble with a scheduled job which I think basically
boils down to me not understanding what I am doing. What I want to do
is "touch", "publish", and "export" a page on my site every 4 hours.
So I created a project with just the one page in it lets call it
projectA and I set up a scheduled job with the following:

Job name:  jobpa
Java class:  org.opencms.scheduler.jobs.CmsStaticExportJob
Cron expression: 0 0 0/4 * * ?
Reuse instance:  true
Active:  true
User name: pm
Project: projectA

Where pm is a project manger with proper auths to do everything it
needs to do. I don't have anything else on this page set so maybe
that is the problem. The scheduling part seems to work fine, as the
jobs shows up and is recorded as having been run. I check the log
files and when I choose the java class for publish it records as
completing the job fine but no files needed publishing. When I set it
to the java class for export I don't seem to get any messages in the
logs.  Either way the static exported version of the page is not
updated.

Now to clarify the page to be exported is a jsp page. Manually
exporting it works fine, I want the jsp code t execute before
exporting which it does (in essence turning the exported page into a
static html page). The catch is that the jsp page will display
different results each time it is requested in opencms (for
publishing or exporting). So even though it is technically not
modified between the scheduled publish/export job it should be
published/exported anyway. Hense why I said I think what I want to do
is "touch" the page with a scheduled job.

I am using opencms 6.2.2

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Aruno