[opencms-dev] OpenCms Edit Mode: Not passing parameters

Matt Campbell mattcampbell.85 at gmail.com
Wed May 9 20:12:38 CEST 2007

I'm running into some problems where parameters are not being passed when the
user clicks the Edit symbol next to an element on the page. When the user is
done editing and they click "Save and Exit", OpenCms attempts to forward
back to the edited page, but receives an error.

The page they are editing has a date passed in on the URL. I then parse the
date and format it on the jsp. When the user attempts to "Save and exit"
they receive a null pointer, due to the date not being passed on the URL.

I'm using the following code on the jsp:

<cms:contentload collector="singleFile" param="${opencms.uri}"
editable="true">
	<h2><cms:contentshow element="PageLabel"/></h2>

</cms:contentload>

Variable "parsedDate" is passed on the url and is causing the null pointer.
How do I get OpenCms to pass the parameters when going to the edit page and
back?