[opencms-dev] Undesired side effects on module export.

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Thu May 10 08:54:26 CEST 2007

I don't think there is an easy way to state this when you export. The
export is probably doing the right thing (ensuring the properties of the
entire path are exported as well in order to give its best shot at
conserving the context in which the file in the source exists).

But in the opencms-importexport.xml there is a <ignoredproperties/>
entry, It may be of use (apart from making ones own version of import
export handler).

Another method could be hack the exported zip-file. The properties are
propably stored in the manifest.xml file inside the zip-archive. So one
could make a script extract the manifest, XSLT it or whatever and
re-insert the new manifest.

Carl Alex Friis Nielsen wrote:
> I just discovered the following:
>
> One of the resources in a module has to be placed on the site part of the VFS.
>
> Let the resource be named /foo/bar/foobar.html, where "foo" is a
> folder containing LOTS of other resources not having anything to do with
> the module.
>
> When importing this module the properties of the "foo" folder in the target
> cms are overwritten by the properties of the "foo" folder in the source cms
> but only if they are set in the source cms.
>
> I could not find anywhere to tell the module that the properties of "foo"
> should not be exported.
>
> Unless someone can tell me some way to avoid exporting the properties of
> "foo" this will force me to have the same properties on "foo" in my
> devolpment cms and our production cms.
>
> In my case the properties of the "foo" folder contain major configuration
> stuff of our cms, and not being able to freely mess around with that in my
> development environment is a real pain.
>
> Is there some way to suppress exporting the properties with the module ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Carl

Claus Priisholm, CodeDroids ApS
Phone: +45 48 22 46 46