[opencms-dev] page ugliness

Joe Desbonnet joe at galway.net
Thu May 24 15:18:45 CEST 2007

That's odd -- lines in code segments should not be in the output.

What I do find annoying about JSP is that some of the stuff you
typically have at the top of a JSP eg <%@page import="...%> directive
etc  will generate blank lines which can be problematic if your
generating XML output (you cannot have any white space before the
start of XML). I try to make sure all the JSP segments are back to
back... eg
<@page import="..."
%><%@include file="_inc.jsp"
%><% code
%>

. .. I sometimes do a "out.clear();" just prior to the start of
content, but I'm sure that's not the best solution.

Joe.