[opencms-dev] webdav with 7RC1

sharif islam sharif.islam at gmail.com
Thu May 24 18:06:59 CEST 2007

Thanks, I followed your instructions. But when I try to add the
address (https://mycmsserver/opencms7RC/webdav) in network places, I
get this: "The Folder you entered does not appear to be valid".

I currently have two instances of opencms running in the same tomcat
server, in  two different directories at CATALINA_HOME/webapps:
opencms(6.23) and opencms7RC.

--sharif

On 5/22/07, Alexander Kandzior <alex at opencms.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For WebDAV, all you need is in
> CATALINA_HOME/webapps/opencms/WEB-INF/web.xml, the other servlet context
> should be disabled.
>
> Here's the documentation how to use the WebDAV of OpenCms 7:
>
> 1       Configuring WebDAV access to OpenCms
>
> Describes the entries made in the web.xml file of OpenCms to activate or
> deactivate the WebDAV protocol or to change the behavior. Additionally some
> hints while removing "/opencms/opencms" with Apache HTTP Server are given.
>
> 1.1     Entries in the web.xml
>
> The access to OpenCms through WebDAV is realized with a own servlet
> (CmsWebdavServlet). A default configuration of this servlet is already
> entered in the web.xml:
>
> <servlet>
>   <description>
>     Creates an access to OpenCms through WebDAV.
>   </description>
>   <servlet-name>OpenCmsWebDavServlet</servlet-name>
>   <servlet-class>org.opencms.webdav.CmsWebdavServlet</servlet-class>
>     <init-param>
>       <param-name>listings</param-name>
>       <param-value>true</param-value>
>     </init-param>
>     <init-param>
>       <param-name>readonly</param-name>
>       <param-value>false</param-value>
>     </init-param>
>     <init-param>
>       <param-name>repository</param-name>
>       <param-value>org.opencms.repository.cms.CmsRepository</param-value>
>     </init-param>
> </servlet>

[snip]