[opencms-dev] Standing up a new installation against an old database

Boggs, Michael michael.boggs at dot.state.wi.us
Thu May 24 23:24:00 CEST 2007

If I had to stand up a new install of OpenCMS 6.2.3, due to hardware failure
(the database is fine), how would I go about that?

I tried unpacking the war file into tomcat, then using the old
opencms.properties file (had a copy), but that only partially works. I get a
lot of 404s for most content. Its connecting to the DB, because I can log in
using names and passwords that were previously set up, but it can't find
anything in the resources folder (because it isn't created as far as I can
tell).

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
-Mike