[opencms-dev] OpenCms 7.0.3 permission problem (solved)

Celio Faria Jr celiofariajr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 17:05:12 CET 2007

Hi all (again),

problem solved. Our Linux guy started and shutdownd Tomcat as root (don't
know why he had to do that) and issued the command "chown -R
tomcat.tomcat$TOMCAT_HOME/*". It recursively redefines the owner of
the files and folders
of the Tomcat directory.

Conversely, he gave the tomcat user owner permissions (+r+w+x, I think) into
the Tomcat directory. Well, after that he started Tomcat again (this time as
the tomcat user) and... the problem was gone. He told me that the problem
could have been with some hidden file (.something) that the tomcat user had
not permission to see or write.

TIA,