[opencms-dev] Web users management

Alessio Zurleni azurleni at heptra.com
Sun Dec 2 12:54:14 CET 2007

Hi to all,

I've noticed that since 7.x.x there is no way to manage web users and
all functions (addWebUser) are deprecated. I'm really disappointed and I
did not find a way to manage webusers like old 6.2.3 version did.
According to last main branch (7.0.4) there is a new feature allowing
webusers only organizational units but it seems not to work (I did not
succeed in, maybe there is something else to do). Moreover, according to
last CmsObject class revision ( Date   : $Date: 2007-11-12 13:57:07 $
Version: $Revision: 1.156 $ ) the addWebUser function is still
deprecated and the underneath function (CmsSecurityManager.createUser)
always requires account manager privileges.
All I need is to let anonymous user create their account..and I would
like to accomplish this in a very simple way without hacking the api.

Regards,

Alessio