[opencms-dev] spring mvc / opencms integration

Sebastian Himberger sebastian.himberger at gmx.de
Tue Dec 4 11:07:28 CET 2007

Hi Andy,

it's possible. This is from my spring-<servlet>.xml:

    <bean
class="org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.SimpleUrlHandlerMapping">
        <property name="mappings">
            <value>
                /user/register/customer=customerRegistrationController
                /user/register/business=businessRegistrationController
                /user/activate=activationController
                /user/login=loginController
                /user/account=profileController
            </value>
        </property>
    </bean>

    <bean id="opencmsViewResolver"
          class="org.springframework.web.servlet.view.UrlBasedViewResolver">
        <property name="viewClass"
value="org.springframework.web.servlet.view.JstlView"/>
        <property name="prefix" value="/opencms/views/"/>
        <property name="suffix" value=".jsp"/>
    </bean>

This is an example JSP inside the OpenCms VFS:

<%@ taglib prefix="cms" uri="http://www.opencms.org/taglib/cms" %>
<%@ taglib prefix="form" uri="http://www.springframework.org/tags/form" %>

<cms:include property="template" element="head"/>

<h1>...</h1>

<form:form>

  <form:errors path="*" cssClass="errorBox" />

  <cms:include file="base-info.jsp"/>

  <fieldset>
    <legend>Your data</legend>

    <label>Firstname</label><form:input path="firstname"/><br/>
    <label>Lastname</label><form:input path="lastname"/><br/>

    <cms:include file="/views/commons/address-form.jsp"/>

  </fieldset>

  <button type="submit">Send</button>

</form:form>

<cms:include property="template" element="foot"/>

I'm currently doing an EJB3/Acegi/Spring/OpenCms 7 project. If you have
further questions don't bother to ask. I'm a bit busy these weeks but it
is my plan to write an article about this as soon as the project is
finished.

best regards,
Sebastian