[opencms-dev] Removal of CMS tags

Nicholas DeSteffen ndesteffen at tlcontact.com
Tue Dec 4 17:58:48 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to allow our users to use the <cms:include tag within editable content blocks.  They want to be able to include HTML snippits that are dynamic, so they can just import a page into many content bodies and change it in one place once the content is outdated.  I have changed the settings in FCKEditor to allow this, it doesn't remove the <cms:include tags anymore.  I have found however that OpenCms itself is removing these tags.  I have connected via webdav to our server, manually edited an XML file, added the <cms:include tag, and copied the XML file back to the system.  As soon as it is uploaded the tags are removed.  Does anybody know how to bypass this or change a setting to allow the inclusion of these tags?  It seems rather odd that the HTML galleries are setup as a simple copy and paste function.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Nick DeSteffen

Web Developer - CarePages Inc.

http://www.carepages.com

ndesteffen at tlcontact.com

----

Harness the compassion to help when someone needs
you. We're excited to announce 'We Carry Each
Other,' a collection of inspiring stories and
practical tips on how to cope and care from Eric
and Sharon Langshur, the founders of CarePages.
Look at your local major bookseller or visit
http://www.carepages.com/we_carry.jsp