[opencms-dev] Problem with Structured Documents and custom widgets

sharif islam sharif.islam at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 17:52:13 CET 2007

On Aug 20, 2007 1:59 AM, Philipp Müller <philipp.mueller at 4fb.de> wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> I got some problems with a set of Structured Documents in OpenCms 6.2.3.
>
> There are three xsd files (let's call them StructuredDocument1.xsd to StructuredDocument3.xsd) with the following element defined...
> <xsd:element name="Name" type="OpenCmsString"/>
> and in these files, a different widget for this element is set via a layout tag - I also tried to use the same widget with a different configuration-parameter in every xsd.
>
> Now when I create a file with resource type 'StructuredDocument1.xsd' everything works fine, the widget reads some data from a database and presents it to the user in a html select. When I create a file with one of the other resource types afterwards, with a chance of around 80%, I get the same content in my html select as I got when creating the first file - the widget (or output of the widget) just seems to be reused, even if a completely different widget is defined in the xsd.
> Could it be the case that OpenCms caches something on the basis of the element-name?
>
> Using another element name is - unfortunately - not possible.
>
> Hope someone can help.

Were you able to find a solution to this?Do you need to edit the
opencms-vfs.xml? We are trying to create a new custom widget to pull
items from the database. Did you just use one of the widget classes
from the opencms source and added the database part. I would
appreciate if you share some codes or points. Thanks.

--sharif