[opencms-dev] Own VfsIndexer

Thomas.Adams at interone.de Thomas.Adams at interone.de
Wed Dec 12 07:49:11 CET 2007

Hi Claus,

thank you for your tip, it was really helpful.

Cheers Thomas

Claus Priisholm <cpr at codedroids.com>
Sent by: opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org
07.12.2007 18:33
Please respond to
The OpenCms mailing list <opencms-dev at opencms.org>

cc

Subject
Re: [opencms-dev] Own VfsIndexer

As long as what you are indexing are a VFS resource I think you should
be able to get by just by subclassing CmsDocumentXmlContent and set the
subclass as document handler in the search-config file.

That way indexing works as usual, but you get an opportunity to make the
needed extraction in extractContent() (or if you're using OC6 -
newInstance()) in your subclass.

If your resource is not an VFS resource, things get somewhat complicated
as far as integrating it with the usual indexing routines (since the
core classes do expect VFS resources), but as your pdf is referenced
from a VFS resource it should not be a problem.

Thomas.Adams at interone.de wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> does anybody has written an custom VfsIndexer for OpenCms?
>
> I have a meta document (xmlContent) with several fields. One field
> identifies a URI to a file (PDF,Word usw.) which resides outside the VFS
> of OpenCms. But actually I want to combine a index which is a
combination
> of the fields of the meta document plus the content from the file in the

> RFS.
>
> Does anybody have a clue? I am stucked in the CmsIndexingThreadManager
> class?
>

> Kindest regards,
>
> Thomas Adams
> Head of Development
>
> Interone Beijing
> 1205-06, e-Tower,
> 12 Guanghua Road,
> Chaoyang District,
> Beijing 100020, China
>
> Interone Beijing
> 地址:中国 北京市朝阳区光华路丙12号数码01大厦1205-06室
> 邮编:100020
>

> T +86.10.65.91 3792 3026
> F +86.10.65 91 3892
> M +86 137 177 48058
>
> mailto:thomas.adams at interone.cn
> http://www.interone.de
>
> AG München HRA 79582
> Geschäftsführer: Christian Dietrich, Martin Gassner, Martin Hubert,
> Marcus Kikisch, Jan-Peter Lübcke, Christoph Mecke, Gert Müller, Markus
Noder

> NOTE:Information contained in this message is confidential and may be
> legally privileged. If you are not the addressee indicated in this
> message (or responsible for the delivery of the message to such person),

> you may not copy, disclose or deliver this message or any part of it to
> anyone, in any form. In such case, you should delete this message and
> kindly notify the sender by reply Email. Opinions, conclusions and other

> information in this message that does not relate to the official
> business of Interone Worldwide shall be understood as neither given nor
> endorsed by it.

Claus Priisholm, CodeDroids ApS
Phone: +45 48 22 46 46
cpr (you know what) codedroids.com - http://www.codedroids.com