[opencms-dev] rebuild search indexes when modify a xmlcontent

Chauhan, Amit Amit_Chauhan at intuit.com
Fri Dec 21 20:09:52 CET 2007

Create your module. In your module, create a class that implements
I_CmsModuleAction interface (or just extends A_CmsModuleAction class).

In it's initialize method, register itself to listen for events. Once
registered cmsEvent method will be invoked everytime any event occurs.
Look for class I_CmsEventListener for what kind of events you can listen
to.

I hope you know how to deploy your own module. If not, then it's in the
documentation that came along with OpenCms.

The class would look something like this:

public class ActionClass implements I_CmsModuleAction {

    public void initialize(CmsObject arg0, CmsConfigurationManager arg1,
CmsModule arg2) {

        try{

            org.opencms.main.OpenCms.addCmsEventListener(this);

        }catch(Exception e){

            // Do not throw anything.

            e.printStackTrace ();

        }

    }

    public void moduleUninstall(CmsModule arg0) {

        // Do nothing

    }

    public void moduleUpdate(CmsModule arg0) {

        // Do nothing

    }

    public void publishProject(CmsObject arg0, CmsPublishList arg1, int
arg2, I_CmsReport arg3) {

        // Do nothing

    }

    public void shutDown(CmsModule arg0) {

        // Do nothing

    }

    public void cmsEvent(CmsEvent event) {

        // send a test email if this method is executed.

        switch (event.getType()) {

            case I_CmsEventListener.EVENT_RESOURCE_MODIFIED:

            // send the email

            break;

        }

    }