[opencms-dev] OpenCms 6.2.3 using deprecated class

Pere Torrodellas ptorrodellas at fihoca.com
Wed Jan 16 09:37:51 CET 2008

Hello,

I'm having a difficult time trying to database-import a zip file into OpenCms 6.2.3. The file is exported from another OpenCms 6.2.3 and the manifest.xml says so. The target OpenCms can import zips from other systems with no problem, but with this one it stops after a second without even starting to write any workplace messages. The console shows an exception:

Exception in thread "OpenCms: Import from C:\apache-tomcat-5.5.17\webapps\socweb
\WEB-INF\packages\20080115_PRO_socweb_en.zip [e12ddc80-c388-11dc-bed2-7585a426f5
40]" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.opencms.legacy.CmsCosImportExportHandler.matches(CmsCosImportExpo
rtHandler.java:212)
        at org.opencms.importexport.CmsImportExportManager.getImportExportHandle
r(CmsImportExportManager.java:520)
        at org.opencms.importexport.CmsImportExportManager.importData(CmsImportE
xportManager.java:619)
        at org.opencms.workplace.threads.CmsDatabaseImportThread.run(CmsDatabase
ImportThread.java:91)

I'm puzzled by the fact that OpenCms is trying to use class com.opencms.legacy.CmsCosImportExportHandler, which is deprecated according to the .class file itself, and afaik is from a package meant to process older OpenCms versions.

Can someone tell me if this is "working as designed", and what the origin of the problem may be?

Thanks for any help,

Pere