[opencms-dev] Problem with OpenCMS Search

poorna poorna.nayak at eternoinfotech.com
Fri Jan 18 12:08:37 CET 2008

Hi,
            When I fire 2 simultaneous search requests (using search()
method of CmsSearchIndex API), I noticed that the 2nd request took twice
the time taken by the 1st search request to complete.
I went through the opencms CmsSearchIndex API and saw that the search()
method is synchronized. Also we cannot create a new instance of
CmsSearchIndex( throws CmsIllegalArgumentException). We can only use
CmsSearchManager API's getIndex().
This means that if there are multiple requests, only one search will get
processed at a time and hence the time taken by the search() will
linearly increase from the first request to the last request.

Does anyone know as to how to get around this problem? How do I create
multiple copies of the same searchindex so that multiple requests can go
through simultaneously?

Regards,