[opencms-dev] I need to amend that news will send an email to the creator of the News

Sebastian Himberger sebastian.himberger at gmx.de
Mon Jan 28 10:38:06 CET 2008

Hi,

you could create a class implementing I_CmsModuleAction (or extending
A_CmsModuleAction) and then handle this case in the cmsEvent(CmsEvent e)
method. There you can listen to events like resource creation / deletion
/ modification / publishing etc. Just have a look at the javadocs. You
can get the CmsResource out of the event payload, determine the creator,
publisher and so on and then send out the Email to the respecting
OpenCms user.

You have ||to mention this class as the action class in your manifest.xml.

best regards,
Sebastian