[opencms-dev] (mis)understanding Flex cache

Pere Torrodellas ptorrodellas at fihoca.com
Mon Jan 28 16:50:49 CET 2008

Hello,

I don't understand why Flex cache was not working as I understand it should in the following case of a JSP. Am I completely wrong about how this works?

1. The JSP had property cache=locale only beacuse in case of error it must redirect to a different page depending on language, otherwise I would have defined cache=always.

2. The JSP does this:
    2.1 Find out locale from OpenCms
    2.2 Get value of the "imageId" request parameter
    2.3 Get image bytes with id = imageId from DB
    2.4 Write image bytes to the response output.
    2.5 If exception, redirect to page depending on locale

As far as I understand, this should work because the resulting image depends only on the "imageId" request parameter, but users were getting the same image all the time until I took the JSP out of the Flex cache. Can someone explain why?

Thanks,

Pere