[opencms-dev] defining process in jBPM-OpenCms?

Shi Yusen shiys at langhua.cn
Wed Jan 30 21:08:19 CET 2008

>     I notice that, since it is a document publishing process, which
> starts with selecting "ready-made" document present in opencms
> repository and then it it forwarded for draft doc, recview doc and
> finaly publishing document. However, if the document is
> changed/modified in between on any task-node, the changes get reflect
> on the document present in opencms repository. Whereas, as per my
> understanding of document publishing process, the changed should not
> reflect to original doc in opencms repository untill unless the
> document is finally published through publishing process. And this is
> something which I am looking for. How it could be done? Any insights?
Currently, the publish process is only for the publish target in
OpenCms.

Perhaps there are 2 solutions to your requirement:
1. If the document is some text format such as html, xml, when starting
a new process, you can copy the original document to a new one and
control operations on both document files in your process.

2. If the document is in MS Word format, you can use revise function and
store all the process messages in one file.

> 2nd thing is that: I created a new process (myProcess) project in
> eclipse, deployed their in jboss and examined/run from jbpm-console.
> Then I tried migrating same process under
> "OpenCms-7.0.2-jBPM-3.1.2/processes directory in eclipse. I created a
> classes folder in which I placed .class files, and placed gpd.xml,
> processdefinition.xml and processimage.jpg in
> OpenCms-7.0.2-jBPM-3.1.2/processes/myProcess. Build .myProcess.process
> and successfully deployed/uploaded to jbpm-Workflow in opencms. But
> after clicking "new workflow" in admin console, I got
> NullPointerException. My question, what is the right approach of
> migrating JPDL process created in  eclipse into your plug-in that is,
> OpenCms-7.0.2-jBPM-3.1.2/processes in eclipse?
The OpenCms-jBPM is integrated in 2 parts:
1. User, group and document level permission: the user, group in
processdefinition.xml should also exist in your OpenCms. This part is
quite common, almost all workflow engines can do this.

2. The access control and xml element level permission: OpenCms is very
powerful on xml operation, but the access control is document level;
jBPM allows to define the access control in xml element level. We
extended the OpenCms xml editor to support using jBPM process definition
to control what user can do at xml element level. This is the special
interesting part which make us to give up other workflow engines.

Regards,

Shi Yusen/Beijing Langhua Ltd.