[opencms-dev] OpenCms DB performance problem

Pere Torrodellas ptorrodellas at fihoca.com
Mon Feb 4 10:30:02 CET 2008

Hello,

After some cosmetic changes to our OpenCms-based application user interface, and a few other minor function modifications, its performance deteriorated dramatically. The reason is a huge increase in the OpenCms (6.2.3) access to its DB tables, to the point that we had to increase its number of DB connections in opencms.properties from 25 to 200. I really can't imagine the reason for such increase.

An Oracle report that we got shows large number of selects per second to the CMS_ONLINE_STRUCTURE table, so I guess it would help to find out what resources OpenCms is accessing.

Can OpenCms log details about its DB select's? I tried using the log4j.logger.org.opencms.db.oracle.CmsProjectDriver logger, but didn't get anything useful.

I would appreciate very much your comments about this situation.

Thanks,

Pere