[opencms-dev] How to create manifest.xml for a module outside ofOpenCms workplace?

Nick Panienski panienski at codecentric.de
Wed Feb 13 17:45:50 CET 2008

Hi Bobi,

we are using the OpenCms Shell and some Ant tasks to automatically extract the manifest from a running OpenCms system. AFAIK there is no easy way to build the manifest (and from what source??), as it contains not only UUIDs but all the properties of a ressource (and export points, explorer types, content types, you name it.)

This is what our "Extract Module Manifest" Ant tasks does (considering you have a runnig OpenCms with your module):
- export Modul using the OpenCms Shell
- open the zip file and copy the manifest to /dev/whatever
- delete the exported module from rfs

Now it is fairly easy to write a task that simply puts all your files in the right places (templates, elements, etc) and also copies the manifest to a zip file, resulting in a module.

The only let down is that you have to have a running system from where you can get your manifest in the first place. To fiddle with the manifest is highly discouraged anyway! You can break a module quite easily...

HTH
Nick

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Nick Panienski

codecentric GmbH
Grünewalder Str. 29-31
42657 Solingen

Telefon  +49 (212)  24 94 330
Fax      +49 (212)  24 94 334
Mobil    +49 (151) 167 06 496
eMail    panienski at codecentric.de
Internet http://www.codecentric.de

Geschäftsführer: Peter Gierse, Mirko Novakovic und Rainer Vehns Sitz der Gesellschaft: Solingen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Wuppertal, HRB 19214