[opencms-dev] Writing into the VFS from "outside"

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Feb 18 16:02:55 CET 2008

I'm thinking of writing a tool that generates VFS jsp pages
through a generator from outside the workplace.

I wonder if this is too much a challenge or possible at all.

Background:

There are nice tools that generate multicolumn layout DIV based
web pages, like YAML (www.yaml.de). They have a nice little tool,
YAML builder. And they have developed linkages to a couple
of CMSs. (like Typo3 etc.)

The drawback of this builder is, that it doesn't provide a means to
inject the contents of the resulting pages. I'm thinking of writing a
little parser that parses the generated page(s) and produces the
corresponding infrastructure in OpenCMS.

But that would only work efficiently if the OpenCMS structure could be
written dynamically from "outside".

Further ideas welcome.