[opencms-dev] Site only accessible when logged in

Yves Glodt yg at mind.lu
Mon Feb 25 10:22:45 CET 2008

On Monday 25 February 2008, Cesare Montresor wrote:
> Yves Glodt wrote:
> > On Thursday 21 February 2008, Yves Glodt wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> for sure this is a FAQ, but I could not find any information about...
> >>
> >> :-(
> >>
> >> I can access my site only when I am logged into the workspace. As
> >> soon as  log out, and try to access the site, I get a 404 "A system
> >> error reading a resource occured!"
> >> The site has been completely published though...
> >>
> >> What do I need to change to make it accessible permanently?
> >
> > I answer myself...
> >
> > I had put the site in /sites/mysite.com, but it should be placed
> > in /sites/default/mysite.com ...
> >
> > But, this creates another strange problem.
> > Now in fact I can only access the site when I am *not* logged into the
> > workspace. As long as I am logged in I get this error (not 404 from
> > Tomcat but an OpenCms-produced errorpage):
> >
> > Error reading resource from path "/mysite.com/index.html".
> > Reason: Unable to read resource "/mysite.com/index.html".
> >
> > Note that I see the same behaviour for the shipped demo-pages and
> > templateone-pages.
> >
> >> Best regards,
> >> Yves
>
> When you are logged in your navigation is conditioned by current path
> and project (top combo boxes in workplace), try choose "/site/default"
> instead of "/" and check if the resource you are looking for is
> avaliable in your current project.
>     i hope it help,

You helped ! :-) Thanks you

This seems to work, at least for the default site
http://mysite.com:8180/cms/opencms/sites/default/
works, whereas
http://mysite.com:8180/cms/opencms/
does not work.

But this creates an issue... Because, Editors which edit the site in the
backend, will click on the page which they just changed, and will get an
error in their face, unless they manually change the URL in the browser...

Is there no more friendly way?
How do others solve this situation?

Also, it creates an issue for mysite.com, since the template depends on the
path which I get from getNavigationForFolder, for creating the navigation,
which I can of course code around, but I can imagine there should be an more
straightforward way of doing this... :-)

Best regards,
Yves