[opencms-dev] Problem integrating jsf-ri 1.2 p4 with OpenCms 7.0.3

Martin Höller martin.hoeller at xss.co.at
Wed Feb 27 09:02:42 CET 2008

Hi Felix!

On 26 Feb 2008, Hossfeld, Felix wrote:

> I'm currently having an issue integrating with java server faces. My setup
> is pretty much like the one recommended at
> http://opencms-wiki.org/Java_Server_Faces_%28JSF%29 - except I'm using
> JBoss 4.2.2.GA which ships with Sun' JSF reference implmentation 1.2 (p4
> b16 to be exact).

I didn't use OpenCms within JBoss so far so my answers may or may not
help you.

> The problem is that pages are not shown completly. To be more precise:
> The non-JSF-Content ist replaced by the JSF-Content. The JSF content is
> written to the page and the non-JSF stuff is appende to that shortened by
> length of the JSF content., e.g.

I had a similar problem. See
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5236855&tstart=555
for some details. Basically it's just that OpenCms which is a 2.4
web-application doesn't work with JSF 1.2 which requires a 2.5
web-application. Maybe just changing the version number in web.xml does
the trick.

If you solve this issue, please report back or even better, extend the
wiki-page from above.

hth,
- martin
Martin Höller                   | martin.hoeller at xss.co.at
*x Software + Systeme           | http://www.xss.co.at/
Karmarschgasse 51/2/20          | Tel: +43-1-6060114-30
A-1100 Vienna, Austria          | Fax: +43-1-6060114-71