[opencms-dev] Include arbitrary pages

Yves Glodt yg at mind.lu
Wed Feb 27 17:06:41 CET 2008

Hello,

I would like to create a folder in my site which contains various small files
that the editors can edit with the wysiwyg-editor. These should be included
on every page, independent of the navigation. These small files do not need
to have a template.

I have created an xmlpage, given it an <element name='teaser1'>, but it will
not display, unless I explicitely navigate to it.

I try to include it with
<cms:include element="teaser1" editable="false" />

One example of what I want to do is the box titled "OpenCms on CeBIT 2008" on
http://opencms.org/en/

Is there another way of doing this? What do I do wrong?

thank you and best regards,
Yves