[opencms-dev] need SQL connection example

Pere Torrodellas ptorrodellas at fihoca.com
Fri Feb 29 09:03:12 CET 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To: <opencms-dev at opencms.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008 6:17 PM
Subject: [opencms-dev] need SQL connection example

> How would one start with a database application in OpenCms?

You just have to build your application as an OpenCms module. See the documentation that comes with OpenCms to learn how
to create a module.
OpenCms has its own tables and definitions, and you build your own DB and application.

> How is a database context kept during a session?
>
> Would one use a bean?

You can do the same as  in any other Java application.

> Which API would one use?

Plain java.sql.*, unless you decide to use some framework (Ibatis, Hibernate,...)

> I need a starting point and a bit of code. Advice welcome.

The included documentation provides information and examples.