[opencms-dev] How to create a new resource type and add it on the list

Bozidar Ilievski bozidar.ilievski at netcetera.com.mk
Mon Mar 3 09:53:42 CET 2008

Hi.

I'm not sure that you will need to edit the
/system/workplace/commons/newresource.jsp file, but you will need to
configure your new resource type in OpenCms configuration files (in
WEB-INF/config folder).

Open the WEB-INF/config/opencms-modules.xml file, and locate the
TemplateOne module configuration. Search for this pattern:
<module>
   <name>org.opencms.frontend.templateone</name> ...

Under the TemplateOne module configuration, there should be
<resourcetypes> and <explorertypes> elements. These two elements define
the "microsite" resource types.
Look how it is implemented, you will get clue on how to do with your own
resource type.

Regards,
Bobi.