[opencms-dev] Workplace login-problem, wants to popup on port :8081 and not :80

RuiXian BAO ruixian.bao at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 23:22:42 CET 2008

Hello Yves,

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 11:54 PM, Yves Glodt <yg at mind.lu> wrote:

> > I think they should be different.
>
> Hello again,
>
> I think my problem comes from some smart DMZ-appliance which messes
> somehow in a way that even PHP-Sessions get broken... I will confirm
> here when I know more.
>
> For my setup I followed the howto here:
>
> http://tomcat.eliteserver.biz:8080/opencms/opencms/alkacon-documentation/howto_apache_httpd/mod_proxy.html
>
> In their example both the domains are the same for workplace-server and
> site server.

You are right in that the document uses the same domain  for both workplace
and the site. But this is totally wrong, since workplace mainly serve
logged-in offline contents while a normal site mainly serves the
non-sessioned online contents. Mixing these two can well be your workplace
login problem, regarding that you said you have no problem with the normal
site access.

Best

- RuiXian