[opencms-dev] Permission doubt and problem

marcio.camurati marcio.camurati.opencms at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 02:35:02 CET 2008

Hi everyone,

I am make some tests with permission, and see one situation:

1. create a new group calling Editors and put the Users group parent it (for
access editors, etc)
2. at any category of the news for example soccer I add special permissions
to this Editors Group:
Allowed: Read, View, Overwrite inherited and Inherit on subfolders
Denied: Direct Publish, Control and Write
3. After this I make some tests get all dources with scriptlet and verify
how redources the logged user (part of Editors Group) have permissions to
write, for this I use the class CmsPermissionSet. When I call the method
getPermissions(...) it return to me +r-w+v (Can read, not write and van
View) very good, but when I call the method of the classe that return the
boolean requiresWritePermission() it always return true!
It show me that not and return that this resource require write permission!

Anyone know if I make any thing wrong or if have any problem about this
class at OpenCMS?

Best regards,
Marcio Camurati