[opencms-dev] Problem with databaseexport/import

Pere Torrodellas ptorrodellas at fihoca.com
Tue Mar 11 09:03:17 CET 2008

Hello,

I had the same problem, and I hope I'll save you the long time it took me to debug.

In the export zip manifest file, there were control characters (i.e. Hex 19)  in some Title and Description properties
tags, in places where there should have been a typographical apostrophe (Hex 92). Look for control chars (i.e. < Hex 20)
in your manifest.

In my case, these were probably introduced by copy/paste from PDF documents, but I still don't understand why OpenCms
made control characters out of them.

Pere